Here at Back 2 New we proudly boast of our marshalls registration, being an approved installer means only the highest standard of workmanship and materials go into our work.
Regular assesment by marshalls are undertaken to ensure our work is in keeping with the high standards of Marshalls.
How to spot a cowboy...
1. If they come knocking because they "just happen to be in the area" – be wary.
Genuine Marshalls Register Installers will never cold call. If they claim to be genuine Marshalls Register Installers, check with us.
2. If they say they can "start tomorrow" – be wary.
Reputable installers are in demand and may require several weeks’ notice.
3. Never accept a verbal estimate.
Insist on a written quotation. Quotes should be written on headed paper with an address and telephone number, not just a mobile number.
4. If you accept the quote, request written confirmation.
A 'cowboy' will be reluctant to do this, however a written contract is essential.
When you use a Register Member, you can be sure to receive:
- Written confirmation of any quotations
- An estimated start date
- A reasonable estimate of the time required to do the job
- The opportunity to take the Hard Landscape Guarantee. This covers failure of product for 10 years and the workmanship for 5 years
- The guarantee is obtained via the Register Member who will ask you to sign the request form to confirm your total satisfaction
- The fee for the guarantee is £50 (+ VAT) per £5,000 of the installed value
- Upon receipt of the correctly completed request form and the fee, Marshalls will send you your guarantee usually within 5 days
- Always request written quotations. We recommend more than one as service levels vary and the cheapest is not always the best. Make sure each company quotes on a like-for-like basis.